IPS has a new Head of Sales opening with a stable and fast growing Education Tech Software company that just opened up located here in Columbus, Ohio. This past year we've done 7M in Sales and saw 30% Year over Year growth!
About the role and company:
- 6 Month Average Deal Cycle
- $60,000 Average Deal Size (ARR)
- Grow the team from 6 to 12 sales representatives over the next 12 months
- Up to 10% - 15% Travel
The Head of Sales will lead a team of six new business sales representatives. The ideal candidate is one who has built and led sales teams in the Enterprise SaaS Software space with a strong record of accomplishment closing revenue in the SaaS software world and in supporting/mentoring the direct reports that make up their sales team.
This person needs to be an expert at positioning business value, selling enterprise software solutions, managing sales cycles, and building relationships with key stakeholders. The position will be responsible for building the sales plan for achieving a bookings quota target, managing the sales forecasting process, and coaching the team of sales professionals to achieve and exceed the target quota. The scope also includes working with the executive team to build and execute on a multi-year growth strategy.
Are you open to hearing more about the role and company? Please message Kaleb@integritypowersearch.com.
Strategy / Vision / Leadership
- Works in collaboration with the executive team to ensure goal alignment across the organization
- Provide an annual sales plan and provide quarterly updates, revisions and modifications to the plan.
- Lead team to close +$6M in new ACV sales
- Meet or exceed an average sales cycle of 6 months / 60% win rate
- Execute on a business plan to enter into new markets as aligned with the strategic goals of the organization
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the organization.
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity. Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models
- Working with Human Resources and CEO, designs sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation
- Attract, hire, onboard, and retain top sales talent / manage team performance to 85% achievement
- Ability to lead in a matrixed environment
Team Performance / Coaching
- Forecast with accuracy / hold the team to forecast accuracy benchmarks
- Establish ranking system which contemplates quota achievement, forecasting accuracy, pipeline generation and close rates
- Ensure sales contribution to pipeline meets a 15% threshold on new business acquisition by establishing a disciplined approach to outbound / social selling
- Build and manage a repeatable / scalable sales process / drive accountability
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts, and closed deals to ensure above quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and suggest improvements; ensure sales CRM system is accurately maintained and relevant insights are identified
- Display a thorough understanding of business needs and revenue potential for accounts
- Work with team members individually as needed while always promoting a healthy team environment
- Supporting the sales team in their sales meetings with prospects
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA a plus
- Excellent C-level communication skills
- Minimum of 10+ years’ SaaS software sales experience with 5+ years of sales management experience.
- Experience in senior leadership roles in developing and managing new sales organizations and building a team
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach
- Proven expertise with teaching, coaching, and training sales methodologies
- Strong track record of exceeding company sales quotas / team quotas in a complex sales environment
- Experience in territory management and planning at the regional and account levels
- Strategic thinker with a sales mentality, as well as analytical ability and a proven ability to execute strategy.
- Strong leadership and customer relationship skills.
- Contract negotiation and deal forecasting experience
- Willing to travel as needed.
CEO & Talent Partner
INTEGRITY POWER SEARCH