IPS has a new Sr. DataBase Architect role @ software technology company that is explosively growing here in Downtown Cleveland! They have around 200 employees currently and plan to double the team and company over the next few years. They are one of the fastest privately held companies in all of Ohio!
This is your chance to make a huge impact on tech stack and development processes. They offer flexible work hours, software craftsmanship, a commitment to agile, clean code, testing, and a results-oriented work environment.
They also take work life balance very seriously. You will only be expected to work 40~45 hours per week, every week. We also offer cutting edge new technologies to work with, stability, challenging problems to work on, a smart team of engineers to work with, and top salaries because we're looking for a top person.
What will you do:
- Execute database related activities for changes to all database objects primarily in OLTP designs
- Performance tuning (SQL query, stored procedures & DB engine)
- Assist development teams in creating database procedures and triggers
- Ability to identify production performance issues, blocking and deadlocks and long running queries
- Provide assistance with client problem escalation where applicable.
- Assist with the administration, high availability, redundancy, security and performance monitoring of all relational databases in production and non-production environments
- Monitor and respond to all issues to ensure success of all scheduled jobs
- Participate in our monthly release process
- Ability to effectively communicate and document designs, processes and work
- Develop, document and institute best practices
- Must be available to be called upon to provide internal support for customers and business partners, which may include off hours or on call work
Most ideal candidate:
- A passion to work with Microsoft and SQL Server technologies
- B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ experience working with SQL Server technologies
- Strong knowledge of OLTP environments, design, modeling, performance considerations and SQL internals
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 or higher
- Experience with utilizing XML and Window Functions within SQL
- Experience with SSIS and SSRS
- Experience with NoSQL and/or Hadoop is a plus
- Experience with Azure, GCP or AWS is a plus
- Experience using a variety of methods to identify and resolve database related performance issues or errors
- Experience with encryption and security (in flight, at rest, and column level)
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual Source Control a plus
- Exposure to SQL Server Service Broker
- Exposure to Microsoft technologies (ASP.NET, C#, etc.) and Object-Oriented Development concepts a plus
- Demonstrated creative thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong logical organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor