Our Ideal Candidate:
IPS has a brand new Software Engineering role with a Medical AR, VR, and Mobile technology company here in Downtown Chicago! We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to help design/deploy an arsenal of well-designed game mechanics to capture the thrill and challenge of performing real surgery.
Our client is transforming the way surgeons hone their skills by practicing high-risk surgeries with the latest medical devices in our industry-leading mobile, AR, and VR titles.
Backed with a mature art pipeline and latest-gen engine tech, we’re able to recreate surgery with spectacular realism. Our engine has earned the trust of the country’s leading surgeons; plus, we’ve custom-built GPU-based real-time fluids, tissue shading, and soft-body systems that enable a wide range of new game mechanics in mobile and VR.
Are you open to hearing more about this? If not, please pass this along to someone who might be interested. We do pay out $1,000 referral bonuses!
- A background in video games, (console, mobile or both) chiefly in gameplay
- 2+ years of game development experience in Unity
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency with algorithms, design patterns, and data structure design
- Experience across multiple aspects of game development such as character control, physics, game logic, asset loading, scoring, analytics, etc.
- Fluency in C#
- Mobile development experience with at least one shipped title
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Proficiency with source control tools
What You’ll Be Doing With Us:
- Implement, debug and refine gameplay through prototyping and iterative development
- Work closely with other engineers, identify technical risks, and implement solutions
- Collaborate with other designers and artists, provide them with tools and support when needed
- Working with doctors and medical researchers to recreate procedures in a digital simulation
- Researching and providing to different technologies, SDKS, and architectures
Bonus Points Awarded For:
- Experience writing shaders
- Experience with continuous integration and Jenkins
- Experience working with backend tools for games (GaaS, analytics, notifications, etc.)
- Familiarity with medical/anatomy concepts
- VR development experience
- 3D graphics experience
- Familiarity with industry art pipelines and ability to create custom scripts and tools for artists
- Experience using JIRA
What We Offer:
- Medical & Dental
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Top Salary because we are looking for a top person
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, and Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, FSA, and 401K plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Unlimited Cold Brew Coffee, Beer, and Snacks
- Flexible work schedules/relaxed work environment