IPS has a new Embedded Systems Engineer role with an IOT hardware and software open source technology company here in Chicago. My client is scaling fast with strong revenue and they raised 5 M in funding for growth purposes. Some of their current customers are Air BNB, Metro Mile, and Kellogg Cereal.
They are a team of insanely ambitious makers, engineers, operators, and general troublemakers. Our mission is to build the platform creating connected products including software and hardware.
Are you interested in Internet-of-Things? If so, please reach out to Kaleb@integritypowersearch.com for more info!
What they offer:
- Remote/Flexible work friendly environment: work from anywhere as long as you get your work done
- Bonus Plan
- Open time off policy
- Development driven culture
- Work life balance is something they take very seriously
- Flexible work hours
- Open office plan in the loop
- Stock options: Equity vests over 4 years with a 12 month cliff
- Results Oriented Work Environment
- 401k (no match yet)
- Salary up to $120,000
- Retreats (beta): we are going to try to do 2 yearly company retreats to some place cool
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (including 50% contribution for dependents)
- Celebrating success - Software Releases: team activities out of the office
- Transparency: you will know everything that is happening in the company through open communication from Leadership, Sales, Marketing and Engineering teams through newsletters and lunch presentations
- Gym membership
What is this role?
An advanced embedded software engineer with a passion for writing SDKs, APIs, and peripheral drivers to be used by customers and other developers, as well as a knack for working with embedded operating systems. An engineer that sees good design as an art, and dreams of producing determinism and reliable development platforms.
What you'll do:
The ideal candidate will use candidate's knowledge of microcontrollers, peripheral interfaces, and embedded software design and development to help us design next-generation hardware, embedded software tools, and related toolchains for our customers to build internet-connected products.
On a typical day, the advanced embedded engineer will work closely with our task/sprint/documentation management systems during development, while being awarded the ability to be a member of a forward-thinking, ground-shaking team of some of the very best developers that love what they do.
Specifically, the advanced embedded engineer will help design, build, and document user-facing drivers, HAL, and operating system integrations for specific hardware, as well as portable SDKs for various target architectures.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience
- B.S. in electrical engineering, software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Proficient in C and C++
- Experienced in one or more toolchains (e.g. Kinetis Design Studio, Arduino, GCC+Make, web-based IDEs)
- Experience in ARM development