IPS has a new Database Services Manager role @ software technology company that is explosively growing here in Downtown Cleveland! They have around 200 employees currently and plan to double the team and company over the next few years. They are one of the fastest privately held companies in all of Ohio!
This is your chance to make a huge impact on tech stack and development processes. They offer flexible work hours, software craftsmanship, a commitment to agile, clean code, testing, and a results-oriented work environment.
They also take work life balance very seriously. You will only be expected to work 40~45 hours per week, every week. We also offer cutting edge new technologies to work with, stability, challenging problems to work on, a smart team of engineers to work with, and top salaries because we're looking for a top person.
What you'll do:
- Turn your ideas into real-world capabilities within the platform
- Create value for customers by envisioning and building features they can love
- Develop new features and capabilities leveraging your experience in full stack web application development
- Own the release and quality analysis process of your code from conception to implementation
What will you do?
Who are we looking for?
- Reports to the Director of Database Services & Business Intelligence
- Empowers the team to work efficiently and think creatively about business driven solutions
- Help prioritize and assist direct reports as necessary with projects and assigned work
- Provide assistance with client issue escalation where applicable
- Participate in work activities including architectural design, code reviews, deployments or upgrades
- Run performance and load tests to optimize our platforms to provide an extraordinary experience for customers
- Push the boundaries of existing technologies to meet the demands of our internal and external customers
- Has an in-depth knowledge of SQL Server that the team can leverage
- At least 5 years’ experience working with SQL Server
- Experience in a leadership role
- Strong knowledge of OLTP environments, design, modeling, administration, performance considerations and SQL internals
- The ability to effectively communicate and document designs, processes and work
- Working on teams delivering software products in an agile environment that practices continuous integration and continuous delivery
- You are curious about technology and it shows in your daily work and projects
- Experience using a variety of methods to identify and resolve database related performance issues or errors and the ability to demonstrate it
- Experience with Window Functions within SQL
- Experience with SSIS and SSRS
- Experience with encryption and security (in flight, at rest, and column level)
- Exposure to SQL Server Service Broker
- Exposure with utilizing XML
- Exposure to NoSQL and/or Hadoop is a plus
- MCSA or MCSE certifications a plus